Thursday, December 27, 2007

I told both of the schools that I teach at that I wouldn’t be coming this week. Christmas was Tuesday (I teach at one of the schools on Tuesdays) and even though we don’t have the day off, I really didn’t feel like teaching a bunch of kids on Christmas Day. Plus my family is coming to visit next week and I need to get things settled at the office (I have a report due to Peace Corps on the Jan 15th that I want to turn in early). With so much to do, I really didn’t want to do lesson planning & everything that comes with teaching.

I was sitting at the office on Wednesday when, much to my surprise, I saw a few students from one of my schools. Then I saw the principal and one of the teachers. And then I saw more students. There were about 20 students total (my class is about 55 but you can only fit a certain number of people in the back of a pickup truck).

The students had made me Christmas cards & bought me a Christmas gift!

The present was a BEAUTIFUL shawl…

It was so sweet and totally made my day!


No comments: