Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Brief Interlude

It’s that time of year again. Songkran starts this weekend…you may remember…the holiday that turns into a week-long water fight?!? Anyway, I could hear splashes & screaming this morning as I was getting ready for work so I knew that the previously-planned on white shirt was not going to work. And sure enough, as soon as I stepped out my front gate, the sweet kids that shout “hello” to me every day came running over with buckets of water & proceeded to douse the farang.

So now I’m sitting at work, soaking wet. Plus, the kids had added green dye to the water & now my arms & clothes have a definite green tinge to them…hopefully it doesn’t stain too badly!

I’m excited for this Songkran because a whole bunch of volunteers are going to Chaing Mai to celebrate. For those of you in America, Chaing Mai is to Songkran what New Orleans is to Mardi Gras…so it should be a fun time!

No comments: