Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Burma

I've received a few emails asking about the Burma situation. We're ok over here in Thailand...we have received a lot more rain than normal, but it's cooled things off so I'm not complaining.

It's unfortunate that nature can be so destructive & deadly, and my heart goes out to those who have lost friends & family to the storms. But it's saddening that the Burmese government is turning away help! I was able to watch the news the other day (CNN no less) and there was a story about an aid worker whose plane landed in Burma, they unloaded crates of food, then the Burmese Army showed up and made them leave...with the food still sitting on the tarmac. There have been protests in Bangkok...how that helps I have no idea.

I do know that they need our help even if the Burmese government doesn't want it. So if you have a little extra pocket change and wish to help out, visit www.redcross.org for more information!

No comments: