Monday, December 29, 2008

Cooking School

I realize that I’ve been really bad about updating this blog, but I’ve been working on getting pictures from friends & I’ve been a bit overwhelmed. I’ve gotten so many pictures & done so much since my computer crashed that I really don’t know where to start. So I’m just going to start…but be warned, these will not be in chronological order!

A few months ago, Tara had some friends come & visit from the States. I met up with them in Chaing Mai & we went to a Thai cooking class.

Paula, the lady that runs the cooking school was wonderful. She picked us up at our guesthouse & took us to the market to show us the various vegetables & herbs that we would use in the dishes we were to make. It was a completely different experience than your big supermarket back home.





Once we finished shopping, we went to the school, which is on this really cool farm outside of Chaing Mai.




Then it was out to a little hut on a pond for some tea (which tasted like Fruit Loops).Then cooking time. They had little stations set up for us with all of the utensils we would need & these really cute aprons.


Tara & I getting ready to do some chopping!


The best part is that we got to eat what we cooked!

Then take a nap!

It was a ton of fun & I would definitely recommend this school to anyone interested in taking a Thai cooking class!

No comments: