Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Censorship Rant

One of the things that makes the United States so grand is the right to freedom of speech. Everyone has the right to say what they want, write what they want, end even record what they want. And although I think some of these rights are being violated and some censorship does take place, for the most part my freedom of speech was a luxury that I took for granted of in the States. Not so any more.

I have just found out that the Thai government is blocking internet access to blogspot blogs. I have been able to (and can still) publish/write blogs, I just cannot look at my own blog or the blogs of other Peace Corps volunteers or anyone's blog for that matter. And this isn't the first case of censorship since I have been in Thailand. The Thai government has also blocked access to youtube (although in this case I understand why).

If there is one thing I miss from the States, that would be my freedom of speech!

Check out an article posted on the Bangkok Recorder: http://www.bangkokrecorder.com/news/news/blocked-bloggers-991.html

No comments: