Monday, August 4, 2008

Bangkok

After a few days in Chaing Mai, Tina, her mom, and I flew down to Bangkok. Where I took them to the Grand Palace...

The temples at the Palace are amazing. I don't like to go there though, because it makes me so frustrated! The charge foreigners a fee for entering...which is completely fine, don't get me wrong, but they do it based only on looks...they don't check identification. So if you "look" Thai, you can enter without paying (one of my fellow volunteers can get in without paying because she "looks" Thai...her mother is from Afghanistan & her father is caucasian).

Anyway, after the palace, we took the river taxi back to the guesthouse then went to Cabbages & Condoms for dinner. And the next day we headed out to Kanchanaburi to see some tigers!

No comments: