Friday, May 18, 2007

I knew it was coming...

So I knew that it was coming, I just kinda hoped that it wouldn't...They asked me to teach English at one of the schools. I actually have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I mean, technically I am not here to teach English...that's what the TCCO group is here to do (the group of Peace Corps volunteers that are here to teach English). And I have no training whatsoever in teaching (although I do have 27 years experience in the subject matter).

I guess I am ok with doing for now because it gives me something to do 1 day a week (I'll be teaching 50 students on Thursday afternoons). And it also gives me an "in" with the community. So wish me luck and I am sure that you will be reading all sorts of stupid things that Kellie did in front of her English class!

No comments: