Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Land Swing!

So we had an earthquake yesterday. Apparently it was in Laos, but it was felt all the way in Bangkok. I happen to be close to the Laos border and it was quite strong. At first I couldn't figure out what was happening...they were training the new firefighters in front of the office and had just started the firetruck up so I thought that it may be vibrations from the truck. And then I looked around and saw that the walls were wiggling (which made me a little nauseous actually). It lasted for about 15 seconds - which seemed like forever!

After, I went outside and one of my coworkers showed me where the brand new office building was now cracked! Another coworker was trying to translate earthquake into English and came up with "land swing" (the sad thing is that as soon as she said it I knew exactly what she was talking about).

I hope you are all doing well...me I am glad that the ground is no longer shaking. (I found out today that the earthquake rated a 6.1 on the Richter scale!)

No comments: