Thursday, November 8, 2007

Randoms

A few random things that I haven’t had a chance to write about (but I had pictures & I wanted to post them)…

I was sitting at my desk a few weeks ago when one of the village council members approached my desk & asked me if I would like to go with her to visit the tea making group. I of course said yes & she told me that she had to go to the doctor first then she would stop by after to pick me up.

When she came back, we headed out…her on her motorcycle and me on my bike. We stopped at her house & walked from there. On our way we picked up a few stragglers…

We got to where the group was meeting & they were in the process of cutting up ginger. They make ginger tea & dried ginger. They had a big huge bowl that they were filling…

We stayed for about 5 minutes & then they told me that they were finished! They promised me that they would ask me to come again next time they met…and hopefully we won’t show up 5 minutes before they are done!



A week or so later, I showed up at the office & was locking my bike when about 4 guys walk out from behind the building carrying a pig carcass! It was so gross! They had built a barbeque pit behind the office and were having a pig roast.

It looked disgusting but smelled wonderful! When I asked why they were doing it they told me it was to welcome the new interns they had working at the office. So we all ate pig for lunch.

No comments: