Monday, July 7, 2008

English Camp

A couple of weeks ago, I put on my first English Camp. Now don't get me wrong, I've helped out with quite a few camps, but this was the first one that I've had to organize. It was a lot of work, but I think it was a pretty good camp. Here are some pictures.

The camp had an environmental theme & one of the activities was a scavenger hunt.
Then they had to make posters labeling the items they found.


During the lunch break, the other volunteers & I were talking. I happened to glance over to some of the students that were sitting right next to us & saw this little girl trying to put a jewel on her nose. You see, Tara & I had just gotten our noses pierced (yes I did, and no, Mom is "not happy about it").
We had a few different schools & of course they made us take pictures with them all.


I had a couple of other volunteers come to help out. We made bagel pizzas for dinner!

And played cards.

It was nice to have some other volunteers over to visit & see my site. They were pretty shocked at how loud my roosters are (even though I told them they were loud). Anyway, I had fun...but I'm glad that it's over!

No comments: