Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nan With The Family

We arrived in Nan late in the afternoon & took a songtao to the hotel.
Photobucket
I then took them to the market where I do some of my shopping.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I also took them to one of the temples. We ate dinner at the hotel & then turned in for the evening…there’s not much to do in Nan.

The next morning we headed over to Fhu Travel as I had arranged for an elephant trek for the day. But when we got there, Mrs. Fhu had forgotten about my reservation. She told us to give her a little while & she would get it arranged.

We spent some time wandering around the market & then I took them to the museum. By the time we got back, she had gotten everything set up & we set out to ride some elephants!
Photobucket
PhotobucketWhen our elephant riding had finished, the driver took us to my village & they got to see my house.
Photobucket
That evening, we had dinner with the people at my work. It was really nice & I’m so glad that my family was able to meet everyone.
Photobucket
A very nice gentleman from England let us use his home for the night. My house is not large enough to sleep 7 people…so he was kind enough to let us use his house.
Photobucket
The next morning, the driver took us back to Nan as I had also arranged for a Hill Tribe Trek. We all piled into the back of a songtao & set off. It was really nice because we were able to see some rice paddies…
Photobucket
And a water buffalo…
Photobucket
The guides were a lot of fun. They knew a lot of neat tricks…here is Kimberly with some popping plants. They explode as soon as you add water to them.
Photobucket
And here is one of our guides blowing bubbles.
Photobucket
We ate lunch in this little hut up in the hills.
PhotobucketThey took us to quite a few villages, but the neatest one was the last one. We went to this older guy’s house & he showed us how he cooks dinner. They stick meat (in this case pork) in a bamboo pole & stick the pole in the fire.
Photobucket
It was really interesting to see. After the tour finished, we were dropped off at the bus station as we had a night bus to catch!

No comments: