Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sawadee Bee Mai Ka

I hope everyone had a Happy New Year...or as they say in Thailand "Sawadee Bee Mai Ka!" This year was really quite. We decided (mainly due to lack of $$$) to celebrate the New Year at Tara's house (she lives about 30k from me). The original plan was to go the the party that her counterpart's family was having, but they changed it to the 1st instead of New Year's Eve (the celebration last many days here). So instead, we spent the evening at Tara's house. I brought the sake that Akiko gave me when she came to visit & we had a grand time!

Sarah & I had never had "Sake Bombers" & Tara really wanted us to try them...one problem though - no shot glasses. Tara fixed that by cutting up pill bottles.

For those of you unfamiliar with the "Sake Bomber," you take a shot of sake & drop it in a glass of beer then chug it all down.

Sarah wasn't a big fan of the "Sake Bomber," but I think that was due more to the beer than the sake...I wasn't a fan either, but then I don't like Thai beer.

The sake was great though! And it was nice to drink something (alcoholic) other than beer or whiskey!

When I got home, I got to listen to all-night karaoke parties. You see, the Thais had a 5 day holiday...and it was torture! Let me tell you...there are a million things I would rather be doing than listen to drunk people sing karaoke at 2:00 in the morning!

No comments: