Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Soggy Tissue

About a month ago, I went into Nan to do some grocery shopping. Now, the family that takes me has a truck and when I finish my shopping, I usually keep a bag of “perishables” up front with me and then tie the rest of the bags shut and stick them in the bed of the truck…which is exactly what I did on this day. Only, on this day it decided to rain. And I mean it POURED! One of the hardest downpours I have seen!

Now I wasn’t too worried about my stuff in the back. I had the important stuff up front with me (bread, milk, and lunchmeat) and the toilet paper, laundry detergent, bottled water, and boxes of tissue were in the back. Yes, I said boxes of tissue…when we got home they were soaked through!

I set the tissue out and hoped that it would dry, but it has been a month and I find that if I use more than one sheet at a time they are still wet…and starting to smell of mildew. I hate to throw out a box of tissue, but the stuff is not drying and I don’t know what to do. I could take it out of the box, but then the bugs will get into it & I foresee it becoming a mess. Does anyone have any suggestions? (I never though I would ask someone how you get a box of tissue to dry!)

No comments: