Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Gun Control

One of my coworkers just bought a gun. Which is perfectly fine but for one slight problem…he can’t figure out how to use it because the instructions are in English. He stopped at my desk to ask me to translate but my Thai has limitations and apparently “ammunition” is one of them. So he is carrying his instruction manual around with him, stopping at coworkers desks trying to figure out what it says.

I hope I’m not the only one who can see the amusing potentials of this situation (no I’m not talking about someone dying or bullet holes where they’re not supposed to be). One of the other volunteers suggested holding an English class & using the instruction manual as the textbook then celebrating the end of class by going to the shooting range (I don’t even know if they have them here in Thailand). I think I should try to get Mr. Heston to come and help with an English camp…do you think he would be up for it? Thoughts?

No comments: