Monday, October 20, 2008

English Camps

One of the things every Peace Corps volunteer here in Thailand "gets" to help with is an English Camp. I've helped with so many of these things I've lost count (and I've even put one on myself). They're a bit like those sports camps you would go to when you were a kid, but instead of sports drills, you would play English games. Here are a few...

Can you guess the letter?

Here we are playing "market relay." They have to get dressed up like they're going to the market (which means shirt, pacine (Thai skirt), gloves, shoes, hat, umbrella, and powder) & then ask (in English) for the supplies needed to make a certain dish.

The other kids help them get "dressed."It can get messy!And here they are making some English posters.


And of course the volunteers have to make idiots out of themselves! (I make sure I stay BEHIND the camera during times like these)!



And it wouldn't be a camp without the mob for autographs...The kids have a lot of fun & sometimes we have fun :-)



No comments: