Friday, October 31, 2008

Old photos

Here are some old photos from my training. I don't think they were ever posted on here, but I may have emailed them to some of you. (I didn't have this blog going at the time so I was emailing updates to everyone).
This was the house I lived in during training.
My host mom & sister.
Here is the squat toilet that I had to use. After you finished "doing your business," you would use that teal scooper to pour water into the toilet to flush.
And the bucket shower. You would dip the pink bowl into the water & pour it over yourself to get wet, lather up, then use the pink bowl to rinse off. Unfortunately bucket showers are not heated & we had some very cold mornings...which made for a painful shower!
The neighbor with her 10 month old son. Motorcycles are family vehicles here & they think nothing of riding with a baby or piling 5 people on a motorcycle.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Wow, those bathrooms make sharing a bathroom with 6 at college look tame! You are amazing, what an experience!! Have a Happy Halloween!!