Sunday, October 5, 2008

Why I Miss America...

I love Thailand. The country is beautiful & the people are amazing (I've even thought about staying here after I finish with Peace Corps)...but every once in a while, something happens that makes me wish I was back home. One of those "somethings" happened this morning.

I was getting ready for the day, had just dried my hair, I grabbed my jeans off of my clothes-line, and went up to my room to get dressed. You see, I have a fan in my room, so it's a little cooler up there. I sat down on my bed & picked up my pants. I noticed a wet spot on them, but just chalked it up to the rain from the night before.

I felt it as soon as I stood up. A wet, squishy mass right behind my knee. I started freaking out & took them off as fast as possible, but it was difficult as I was a little sweaty (and everyone knows how hard it is to get pants on/off when they're wet). It jumped out at me as soon as I got the pants down to my knees...a frog!!! A frog was living in my pants!!!!!!! And now it's in my bedroom & I have no idea how to get it out (it's in the small space between my bed & the wall).

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against frogs...I just don't want them in my pants! Or my bedroom! Or my house! I miss America!

2 comments:

Wendy Sousley said...

That sounds so funny! I wish I could have seen that! LOL

Jewels said...

Hey Kellie!! I can't believe you are in the Peace Corps!! Good for you, you look awesome! When do you come home?? It was so good to hear from you and I look forward to keeping in touch!